Sunday, September 10, 2006

Maybe it's a Sonnet...

by Zora Young, whomever she may be...

I'm a football widow, and you a couch potato
Hand me a sexy tomato
Wanna go out, dance along by the two
Take me out, no tellin' what I might do

I'm gonna wear pink rollers in my hair
Fluffy house shoes with a dog on the toe too
You don't take me out, no tellin' what I might do
Up off of that couch, shave, shower and dress

You gonna take me out tonight, there'll be no rest
If you don't take me out, no tellin' what I might do
I wear pink rollers in my hair,
Fluffy house shoes with a dog on the toe too

Oh baby I got the football widow blues too
You better take me out, no tellin' what I might do
-------------

Football widow
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A football widow is a term for those who have a relationship with a sports fan (often a follower of football, be it American football, soccer, rugby, Australian rules football or other) who pays more attention to the game than to their partner during the sport's season of play. Football widows are usually, but not always, women. Usually the "widow" has little interest in the sport themselves.

Although it is widely tolerated and not considered a serious disruption by many, dedication to following the sport (such as watching game broadcasts on television) can disrupt home life and the relationship between the couple in question.
---------
Much as I try, it gets a little dull, and it's only the NFL Kickoff today...
What's a girl to do?
----

2 Comments:

Blogger West Coast Awakening said...

What's a girl to do?

Go into the bathroom; pull out the pink rollers. Go to your closet; put on the fluffy house shoes with a dog on the toe.

Now, if you lived in California, this wouldn't even get you a yawn. But I have a feeling that in MS, this will probably get some action for you.

Really enjoyed your book review!

7:40 AM  
Blogger MsBliss said...

Thanks Larry Who, you are a kind gent. Thanks also for visiting my blog, which isn't structured...just fun! Appreciate ya! --

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home