Hello, Hurricane Humberto
Hello! Who knew Humberto (pronounced without the H) was on his way here. What a great name, Ummmmmmm-berto!! Funny how it sorta sounds like a weatherman saying, 'ummmmm....OOOPS! Here comes some rain! Like, four inches of rain!!!'
Well, it was welcome rain. I love it so much, and my garden does too. I put in a new dogwood tree this spring, and it has been hanging on the edge of life ever since. Such a hot and dry summer.
Humberto. We had no notice, I hadn't even heard of this one. Yet, here he is, in all his wet and wonderful glory. Seems that he was a category 1, which made landfall in about 2 hours and here he is!
It makes for such a cozy night. The tree frogs
are singing low and slow. Everything is dripping wet. The windows were pelted from the east, which almost never happens. Maybe it was the southeast. Hurricane rain is just SLOPPY!! It's drenching, as I discovered as I left the Kroger at about 10:30 this mornning. The puddles were deep, and by the time I got home, my hair and clothing were drenched, and I had to put my clothes in the dryer. What fun! It really was. It's so NOT Minnesota!!
Oh, and the other day, a native Vicksburger told me I'm acquiring a Southern accent. OH NO!! However, she did explain that it's the result of my musical ear. Tra la!!
Well, it was welcome rain. I love it so much, and my garden does too. I put in a new dogwood tree this spring, and it has been hanging on the edge of life ever since. Such a hot and dry summer.
Humberto. We had no notice, I hadn't even heard of this one. Yet, here he is, in all his wet and wonderful glory. Seems that he was a category 1, which made landfall in about 2 hours and here he is!
It makes for such a cozy night. The tree frogs
are singing low and slow. Everything is dripping wet. The windows were pelted from the east, which almost never happens. Maybe it was the southeast. Hurricane rain is just SLOPPY!! It's drenching, as I discovered as I left the Kroger at about 10:30 this mornning. The puddles were deep, and by the time I got home, my hair and clothing were drenched, and I had to put my clothes in the dryer. What fun! It really was. It's so NOT Minnesota!!Oh, and the other day, a native Vicksburger told me I'm acquiring a Southern accent. OH NO!! However, she did explain that it's the result of my musical ear. Tra la!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home