Turn, Turn, Turn
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...
Ecclesiastes 3:1
'Tis time for me to say goodbye to my mid-century mark! It's been a hell of a year, and all of it had nothing to do with the age factor. In fact, despite personal tragedies, I have had many great blessings!
The story of my 50th year has a happy ending, although a great American story came to an end. My parents, who pulled themselves out of the Great Depression, World War II, the 70's, divorce and remarriage to each other, are now together in heaven. They lived the American dream, had everything they wanted, and gave my sister and me all we ever dreamed of, too. We had an amazing childhood, and we are forever grateful to our parents for all of their sacrifices and hard work in their lives.
I was a miracle baby, the one my parents waited 13 years for. The doctor said it would be a miracle if my mother ever had a child, but she was determined. When she got pregnant, the doctor said it would be a boy, and a miracle if she carried it to term. The miracle occured on October 24, 1957, at 3:12 a.m., in West Covina, California. So here I am, as always, a Bohemian Babe.
My personal challenges have resulted in a rebirth of creative artistic inspiration, and a new energy for teaching music. I am so fortunate to get to know each of my students, one at a time, and help them unlock the mysteries of making music.
All of this is a big sigh of relief. My exquisite husband and I look forward to our favorite, cozy time of year at home: football games, turkey dinner, Christmastime, and making our summer vacation reservations! Life is good, but God is better. I thank Him for all His mercy and grace, now and always. Amen.
Ecclesiastes 3:1
'Tis time for me to say goodbye to my mid-century mark! It's been a hell of a year, and all of it had nothing to do with the age factor. In fact, despite personal tragedies, I have had many great blessings!
The story of my 50th year has a happy ending, although a great American story came to an end. My parents, who pulled themselves out of the Great Depression, World War II, the 70's, divorce and remarriage to each other, are now together in heaven. They lived the American dream, had everything they wanted, and gave my sister and me all we ever dreamed of, too. We had an amazing childhood, and we are forever grateful to our parents for all of their sacrifices and hard work in their lives.
I was a miracle baby, the one my parents waited 13 years for. The doctor said it would be a miracle if my mother ever had a child, but she was determined. When she got pregnant, the doctor said it would be a boy, and a miracle if she carried it to term. The miracle occured on October 24, 1957, at 3:12 a.m., in West Covina, California. So here I am, as always, a Bohemian Babe.
My personal challenges have resulted in a rebirth of creative artistic inspiration, and a new energy for teaching music. I am so fortunate to get to know each of my students, one at a time, and help them unlock the mysteries of making music.All of this is a big sigh of relief. My exquisite husband and I look forward to our favorite, cozy time of year at home: football games, turkey dinner, Christmastime, and making our summer vacation reservations! Life is good, but God is better. I thank Him for all His mercy and grace, now and always. Amen.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home