Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Sublime to...

These photos were taken in January, heading north from Baton Rouge on whatever little highway that is which connects to Hwy 61 (yes the same one which runs all the way through the Delta to Lake Superior). Entering Louisiana at this point is like entering the southern boot of Florida. The land flattens out, since it is reclaimed from the bottom of a body of water. In this case, either the Gulf or the Mighty Miss.


The driveway reminds me of the one Forrest Gump ran, at record speeds. For myself, I'd much rather stroll down this covered road, lined by live oaks which are covered in spanish moss and resurrection ferns.

Then, just south of Natchez, stands Mammy's Cupboard, which unfortunately is closed on Mondays--the very day I was driving through the area. This will make a fun day trip, to sample the local soul food...and I do mean sample! Hold the soggy greens, puh-lease!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home